Annual Taste of the River Towns
Sunday, April 23, 2017
This restaurant fair is held at St John's Herr Estate (200 Luther Lane, Columbia), and provides an opportunity for guests to sample the wares of local restaurants and food vendors. A balanced menu of offerings and a great variety of tastings will be featured. Look for the vendors and their culinary offerings to be listed below. This ticketed event features open seating from 4:00 to 6:30 pm. Tickets will be available through the Visitors Center (445 Linden Street, Columbia) or by calling 717-684-5249.
2016 participants included:
- Bully's Restaurant and Pub - Bully's will be serving Cream of Crab Soup, as well as another dish that is to be determined.
- Burning Bridge Tavern - Burning Bridge will serve Pulled Pork Sliders.
- Café Garth - A choice of Café Garth's House Blend in Regular or Decaf will be available. French Cream, a Café Garth signature feature, will also be offered to add a creamy, sweet finish to the coffee.
- Hinkle's Pharmacy Restaurant - Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Pasta Salad, Soup, and Assorted Sandwiches will provide guests with a range of flavors available at Hinkle's Restaurant.
- Hurricane Pizza Grill & Tavern - Sample Hurricane's Pizza as well as their Slow Cooked Ribs, accompanied by their specialty wing sauces.
- Isabelle Cuisine - Isabelle Cuisine, a Columbia Market House Vendor, will offer African Peanut Soup, Pumpkin Coconut Soup, Black Bean Soup, and Rice Balls with Chicken Coconut Sauce.
- John Wright Restaurant - Samples of Short Rib on Smoked Gouda Grits can be enjoyed at the John Wright Restaurant display.
- Keagy's Produce - Fresh Fruit and Veggie platters from Keagy's will complete your meal.
- McCleary's Public House - Menu items are to be determined.
- Nissley Winery - Tastes of Nissley wines from their vast selection.
- Railroad House Inn - Menu items are to be determined.
- Scoops Ice Cream & Grille - Try Scoop's signature "What's Shakin Bacon Milkshake", Salted Caramel Ice Cream, and Deep Dark Chocolate Ice Cream.
- St. John's Herr Estate - Guests can end their meals with Bananas Foster, an annual event favorite, prepared by Chef Jason Gardner of St. John's Herr Estate.
- Susquehanna Blue Smoke Barbecue - Piggy Back Mac, mac and cheese topped with slow smoked pulled pork and bbq sauce, will be featured at the Susquehanna Blue Smoke display.
Learn more about each of our participants by clicking on their names.
|Lancaster County Solid Waste Managemant Authority||St. John's Herr Estate|
Seventh Annual Taste of River Towns Pictures (2016)
|Susquehanna Blue Smoke
|Hinkle's||Hurricane Pizza||St. John's Herr Estate|