SVCC Membership Benefits
Benefits of Membership
A business will not stand alone. Collectively through the Chamber, businesses are able to accomplish what each could not do individually. Hundreds of members who share the same goals join together enabling all of us to do more for our great region. We welcome you to share our excitement and help make the Susquehanna Valley a better place for you and your business. Your involvement will make a difference.
SVCC works to raise the name recognition of the area while promoting area businesses, their goods and services. Members of the Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce are afforded the following benefits.
- Affordable group health insurance through Pennsylvania Chamber Insurance (PCI)
- Discounted services negotiated exclusively for SVCC members including offers from APPI Energy, First Data Merchant Services (credit/debit card acceptance), 360Lancaste.com, Comcast Business, and more
- Media contact information for newspapers, radio, and television stations
- Referrals to member businesses
- Display space for brochures, flyers, and other promotional items in our Visitors Center which serves thousands of people each year
- Networking opportunities through Breakfast Meetings, Member Seminars, and Business Mixers
- Inclusion in our yearly Membership Directory (Information Guide) with over 16,000 copies printed and distributed to Columbia, Marietta and Wrightsville residents and through our Visitors Center
- Advertising opportunities at a reduced rate in the Information Guide
- Advertising opportunities on SVCC’s digital sign board and on SVCC's website
- Inclusion in our ad initiative promoting our members' goods and services through the Columbia and the Donegal editions of The Merchandiser as well as the Hellam/Wrightsville edition of Community Courier
- Access to the SVCC membership and mailing list, by request, once per year
- Your own business web page linked from the Chamber website including links to your website, a map locating your business, your business description and e-mail which you may edit and maintain
- Grand Opening, Ribbon Cutting, and Groundbreaking assistance and planning
- Additional exposure through SVCC's Recognition Program which highlights your milestone anniversaries and/or outstanding awards received with press releases and pictures sent to The Merchandiser and displayed on the SVCC website
- Assistance planning special events, press releases, posters, and invitations
- Quarterly Newsletter which shares news about member programs, business accomplishments and accolades, and planned events
- Sponsorship opportunities for our community events and Business Mixers
- Opportunity to participate as a venue in Fourth Friday in Columbia, Marietta, and Wrightsville free of charge
- Complete list of 2017-2018 Member Benefits
In addition, your dues help to support the Visitors Center as a gratis service for guests to our area. The Visitors Center does not receive any state or federal funding. The Visitors Center is financed solely through membership dues and SVCC fundraising initiatives.
An SVCC member may increase their visibility in the public sector through sponsorship of an SVCC event. Since our events raise money to benefit the SVCC Visitors Center, these sponsorships help ensure our continued service to visitors to the region. Sponsorships are available in varying price points and carrying benefits that correspond with the financial level. To see a schedule of event sponsorship prices and benefits, click on the link below.
A variety of member programs are held throughout the year. These include member breakfasts, informational seminars, and mixers. Our sessions for 2017 can be found under Membership Programming. Sponsors of these events have input into the programming and scheduling of their session. Sponsors also have an opportunity to promote their own business while serving to educate and inform other business people. These networking opportunities also provide an informal setting to connect with others. To sponsor a breakfast or mixer, contact SVCC.
SVCC Information Guide
The SVCC Information Guide promotes member businesses by serving as a directory of goods and services. View the most recent directory under our Publications tab.
Membership does have its privileges. Special discount offers are extended to members of SVCC. For a current lisitng of member benefits, click the link below. New benefts may be added at any time. Be sure to mention your chamber membership when contacting a member program vendor!
Affordable Website Advertising
The Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce is now making it easy and affordable for members to put their business in the spotlight. With a choice of a banner or spot ad, members can now support the chamber while benefitting from increased business exposure. Click here for details.